Preparing Your Home for the Summer Months
Spring in Riverside is a great time to get ahead on all your home repairs and tune-ups. While you may not be using your air conditioner that much yet, you have the opportunity to make sure it is in tip-top shape for when you need it most during the hotter summer months. In fact, skipping maintenance can be costly over time, resulting in a 5% decrease in efficiency every year a tune-up is missed.
While a tune-up isn’t required to keep your unit running, it can be a beneficial step to help your AC stand the test of time. Rather than just “getting by” during the summer, you can ensure your system is performing at maximum efficiency with yearly maintenance for years to come, saving you time, money, and comfort.
So What Happens During a Tune-Up?
If you are considering scheduling an air conditioning tune-up, you may be wondering what you will get out of it. Can’t you simply do a quick inspection and check that your system is working properly? Don’t you just need to replace the air filter every now and then and ensure there isn’t any major dust or debris around the vents? Keeping your AC running efficiently is more than just your average upkeep of the unit, however.
Typical things your AC professional will do during a tune-up:
- Review thermostat settings on your unit
- Make sure all electrical connections are tightened
- Check for any leakage from service valves and other areas
- Ensure condenser fan motor is running smoothly
- Add lubricant to any moving parts and pieces
- Thoroughly inspect the condensate drain
- Test out the system’s starting cycle for proper starting, operation, and shutdown
- Wipe off dirt, grime, and dust from AC evaporator and condenser coils
- Check and replace refrigerant levels as needed
- Assess blower components and make any necessary adjustments for airflow
- Flush and clear out any clogs from the condensate drain
- Replace or clean air filter if it hasn’t been done recently
Of course, there is so much more that goes into an air conditioner tune-up, which is why it is best to leave it to the professionals at We Care Plumbing, Heating, & Air! Our Riverside AC technicians handle countless tune-up every spring and throughout the year. We know what warning signs and issues to look for and how to keep your AC running smoothly for optimal home comfort.
Why Regular AC Maintenance Is Worth It
Even though Riverside stays relatively moderate during the winter and spring, your AC probably hasn’t gotten much use throughout the last few months. Once the weather starts to heat up, you’re going to place a lot more demand on your system. That’s why getting ahead of the game with early maintenance is recommended. More than anything, scheduling tune-ups, and regular maintenance help you avoid more costly repairs down the road. On top of that, some warranties require professional tune-ups of an air conditioner to maintain protection. For maximum protection, performance, and efficiency, a spring tune-up is a way to go.
Call We Care Plumbing, Heating, & Air today to schedule your AC tune-up in Riverside today!