Last Revised: 12-28-22
Gathering, Use, and Disclosure of Non-personally-identifying Information
Users of the Website Generally
“Non-Personally-Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person. “Personally-Identifying Information” or “personal information,” by contrast, is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user, household or device. Like most website operators, Company gathers from users of the Website Non-Personally-Identifying Information of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type, and the locations of the websites the user views right before arriving at while navigating and immediately after leaving the Website. Although such information is not Personally-Identifying Information, it may be possible for Company to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of the visitor’s point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data. Company analyzes Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from users of the Website to help Company better understand how the Website is being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, Company is able to better design the Website to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. From time to time, Company may also release the Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from Website users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website.
A “Web Cookie” is a string of information that assigns you a unique identification that a website stores on a user’s computer, and that the user’s browser provides to the website each time the user submits a query to the website. We may use the following categories of cookies on our Website.
- Strictly Necessary Cookies. These cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around the Website and use its features. Without these cookies, services you have requested, such as maintaining a record of your purchased items, cannot be provided.
- Performance Cookies. These cookies collect anonymous information on how you use our Website to help us understand how you arrive at our Website, browse or use our Website and highlight areas where we can improve, such as navigation. The data stored by these cookies never shows personal details from which your individual identity can be established.
- Functionality Cookies. These cookies remember choices you make such as the country from which you visit our Website, your preferred language, and your search parameters. This information can then be used to provide you with an experience more appropriate to your selections and to make your visits to our Website more tailored to your preferences. These cookies cannot track your browsing activity on other websites.
- Targeting Cookies or Advertising Cookies. These cookies collect information about your browsing habits in order to make advertising more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of an advertising campaign. The cookies are usually placed by third-party advertising networks. These cookies remember the websites you visit and that information is shared with other parties, such as advertisers.
Of course, if you do not wish to have cookies on your devices, you may turn them off at any time by modifying your internet browser’s settings. However, by disabling cookies on your device, you may be prohibited from full use of the Website’s features or lose access to some functionality.
EMBEDED WEB LINKS
Links provided in our emails, Website, and in some cases, on third-party websites may include tracking technology embedded in the link. The tracking is accomplished through a redirection system. The redirection system allows us to understand how the link is being used by email recipients. Some of these links will enable us to identify that you have personally clicked on the link and this may be attached to the Personally-Identifying Information that we hold about you. This data is used to improve our service to you.
AGGREGATED AND NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
We may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Website and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis.
We may use hyperlinks on the Website which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button or Twitter’s “Tweet” button, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons, none of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin provider. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites of these social networks and are not within our control.
COLLECTION, USE, AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
As defined above, Personally-Identifying Information is information that identifies, relates to, describes, references, is reasonably capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular user, household or device. The Company may collect a range of Personally-Identifying Information from and about Website users. In particular, the Website may collect the following categories of Personally-Identifying Information from users of the Website:
|First and last name, postal address, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, phone number.
Affiliates and Parent Companies
|Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).
|Education, employment, and employment history.
Affiliates and Parent Companies
|Protected classification characteristics.
|Age (40 years or older), race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion or creed, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, veteran or military status, genetic information (including familial genetic information).
|Records of personal property, products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies.
|Sensitive Personal Information
|Precise geolocation, Social Security number, driver’s license, state identification card, passport number, account log-in, financial account, debit card, credit card number with security, or access code or password, racial or ethnic origin, religious/philosophical beliefs, or union membership, genetic data and processing of biometric information, health and sexual orientation.
|Genetic, physiological, behavioral, and biological characteristics, or activity patterns used to extract a template or other identifier or identifying information, such as, fingerprints, faceprints, and voiceprints, iris or retina scans, keystroke, gait, or other physical patterns, and sleep, health, or exercise data.
|Internet or other similar network activity.
|Information on a consumer’s interaction with a website.
|Physical location or movements.
|Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
|Professional or employment-related information.
|Current or past job history in relation to a resume.
Affiliates and Parent Companies
|Non-public education information.
|Education records directly related to a student maintained by an educational institution or party acting on its behalf, such as grades, transcripts, class lists, student schedules, student identification codes, student financial information, or student disciplinary records.
|Inferences drawn from other Personal Information.
|Profile reflecting a person’s preferences, characteristics, psychological trends, predispositions, behavior, attitudes, intelligence, abilities, and aptitudes.
We obtain the categories of Personally-Identifying Information listed above from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you. For example, when you:
- schedule an appointment;
- place an online order;
- submit a job application; or
- communicate with us, such as request information.
- Indirectly from you. For example, through information we collect from you in the course of providing our services to you.
- Directly and indirectly from activity on our Website. For example, from Website usage details that are collected automatically. For more information on automatic information collection, please review the “WEB COOKIES” section above.
Free-Text Boxes. The information that you provide in each case will vary. In some cases, you may be able to provide Personally-Identifying Information via email or free text boxes, such as contacting the Company to request further information. When providing your Personally-Identifying Information, please provide only relevant information and do not provide unnecessary sensitive information, such as Social Security numbers, credit card information or other sensitive personal data, unless required for our services.
Live Chat. We partner with a trusted third-party vendor to provide you with Live Chat features to better assist you. This may require you to provide your first and last name, email, and other contact information. When using the Live Chat features, please only provide necessary information and do not provide sensitive information. For recordkeeping, training, and quality assurance purposes, we or our third-party vendor may record and maintain a transcript of any communications in the Live Chat.
We want to provide you with relevant information that you have requested. When possible, we will always provide options as to what information we collect and how you can manage any preferences that pertains to such information.
If we provide marketing emails or email newsletters we will allow you to make choices about what information you provide at the point of information collection or at any time after you have received a communication from us while you are subscribed. Transactional or service-oriented messages, such as delivery confirmation messages or appointment confirmations are usually excluded from such preferences, as such messages are required to respond to your requests or to provide goods and services, and are not intended for the purposes of marketing.
We may send you marketing emails. You may opt out of them at any time by selecting the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of each email. Please note that by opting out or unsubscribing you may affect other services you have requested we provide to you, in which email communication is a requirement of the service provided.
We do not sell or lease your personal information to any third party. We may disclose your Personally-Identifying Information to a third party for a business purpose. We may disclose your Personally-Identifying Information for a business purpose to the following categories of third parties:
- We Care Plumbing, Heating, & Air’s Affiliates and Parent Companies.</li>
- Marketing Communications. Company may use third party vendors to provide marketing materials, including emailing users about products and services that Company believes may be of interest to them.
- Service Providers. We may share your Personally-Identifying Information with our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf and to operate the Website. These services may include fulfilling orders, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, and supporting the Website’s functionality These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. When we believe disclosure is appropriate, we may disclose Personally-Identifying Information in connection with efforts to investigate, prevent or take other action regarding illegal activity, suspected fraud, or other wrongdoing; to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of Company, our users, our employees or others; to comply with applicable law or cooperate with law enforcement; to enforce our other agreements or policies; in response to a subpoena or similar investigative demand, a court order or a request for cooperation from law enforcement or other government agency; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law.
CHANGING PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION; ACCOUNT TERMINATION
We strive to maintain and process your information accurately. We have processes in place to maintain all of our information in accordance with relevant data governance frameworks and legal requirements. We employ technologies designed to help us maintain information accuracy on input and processing. To view and change the Personally-Identifying Information that you have provided to us, please contact us directly for assistance.
The company uses the Personally-Identifying Information in the file we maintain about you, and other information we obtain from your current and past activities on the Website to:
- to deliver the products and services that you have requested;
- to provide you with customer support;
- to communicate with you by email or postal mail about products or services that may be of interest to you either from us, our affiliate companies or other third parties;
- to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on the Website and other sites;
- to resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- to measure consumer interest in our services;
- to inform you of updates;
- to customize your experience;
- to detect and protect us against error, fraud, and other criminal activity;
- to do as otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
At times, we may look across multiple users to identify problems. In particular, we may examine your Personally-Identifying Information to identify users using multiple user IDs or aliases. We may compare and review your Personally-Identifying Information for accuracy and to detect errors and omissions.
Duration. The length of time Company intends to retain each category of Personally-Identifying Information, including sensitive personal information, if any, is for as long as reasonably necessary to carry out Company’s intended business purpose for such information.
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES GENERALLY
We take the security of your Personally-Identifying Information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel, and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration, or misuse. However, please be advised that even the best security measures cannot fully eliminate all risks. We cannot guarantee that only authorized persons will view your information. We are not responsible for third-party circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”) protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally-Identifying Information from anyone under the age of 13, unless or except as permitted by law. Any person who provides Personally-Identifying Information through the Website represents to us that he or she is 13 years of age or older. We encourage parents and guardians to provide adequate protection measures to prevent minors from providing information unwillingly on the internet. If we learn that Personally-Identifying Information has been collected from a user under 13 years of age on or through the Website, then we will take the appropriate steps to cause this information to be deleted.
CALFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Shine the Light Law. Pursuant to California Civil Code Section 1798.83, we will not disclose or share your Personally-Identifying Information with third parties for the purposes of third-party marketing to you without your prior consent.
California Consumer Rights. California consumers are provided with additional rights with respect to their personal information (also known as “personal data”), as those terms are defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (the “CCPA”) as amended by the California Privacy Rights Act. Any personal information we collect is collected for the commercial purpose of effectively providing our services to you, as well as enabling you to learn more about, and benefit from, our services. If you reside in California you may exercise each of your rights as identified below, subject to our verification of your identity.
- Access. You have the right to request that we disclose certain information to you about our collection, use and disclosure of your Personally-Identifying Information. This includes the categories of Personally-Identifying Information collected and used by the Company, the categories of third-parties in which we disclose Personally-Identifying Information with, and the business purpose for collecting and disclosing such information. The response we provide will also explain the reasons we cannot comply with a request, if applicable.
- Correction. You can request the Company correct any incorrect Personally-Identifying Information that the Company has collected from you or maintains.
- Limit Use and Disclosure of Sensitive Personal Information. If we collect any sensitive personal information, you have the right to request that we limit the use of the sensitive personal information to that use which is necessary to perform the services or provide the goods reasonably expected by an average consumer who requests those goods or services.
- Deletion. You have the right to request that we delete any of your Personally-Identifying Information, subject to certain exceptions. Once we receive and confirm your verifiable consumer request, we will delete (and direct our service providers to delete) your Personally-Identifying Information from our records, unless an exception applies. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Opt-out of Processing. You have the right to request that we do not sell your Personally-Identifying Information, use your Personally-Identifying Information for Targeted Advertising, or use your Personally-Identifying Information for profiling. Where applicable, we will ensure such changes are shared with trusted third parties.
- Non-Discrimination. If you exercise your rights under the CCPA, we shall not discriminate against you by denying our goods or services, charging different prices or rates to similarly situated consumers, providing a different level or quality of our goods or services, or taking any other adverse action.
- Exercising your rights. If choose to exercise the rights listed above, you can:
- Submit a request via email at [email protected]; or
- Call us at (833) 397-5670 to submit your request.
Only you, or someone legally authorized to act on your behalf, may make a request related to your Personally-Identifying Information. If an authorized agent makes a request on your behalf, we may require proof that you gave the agent permission to submit the request.
Responding to Your Request. Upon receiving your request, we will confirm receipt of your request by sending you an email confirming receipt. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the Personally-Identifying Information. In some instances, such as a request to delete personal information, we may first separately confirm that you would like for us to in fact delete your personal information before acting on your request.
We will respond to your request within forty-five (45) days. If we require more time, we will inform you of the reason and extension period in writing.
In some cases our ability to uphold these rights for you may depend upon our obligations to process Personally-Identifying Information for security, safety, fraud prevention reasons, compliance with regulatory or legal requirements, or because processing is necessary to deliver the services you have requested. Where this is the case, we will inform you of specific details in response to your request.
We Care Plumbing, Heating, & Air
Attn: Privacy Officer 41085 Golden Gate Circle
Murrieta, CA 92562