The summer heat is coming, and soon you will be cranking up the AC to cool your home. In Temecula, outdoor activities abound, and it is more important than ever to be prepared for the onslaught of rising temperatures and energy costs. Your HVAC system is your friend in helping you beat the heat and We Care Plumbing, Heating, & Air is the best Air conditioning company for the service, repair, and replacement of HVAC systems.
Most everything in our homes uses electricity — from the toaster to the HVAC and everything in between. There are several ways that you can improve your home to save energy, not only in the summer but all year long.
Energy Saving Tips
- Are your appliances energy hogs? Replace inefficient power hungry appliances with Energy Star appliances like refrigerators, and dishwashers which use nearly 40 percent less energy. With the newer models, you can program your appliances to run when the rates are the lowest or avoid running them at the highest rates.
- Do you have TVs, computers, and other devices that sit idle? Those devices draw power when they are plugged in even if they are not being used. Use Smart plugs or power strips to help control the amount of electricity being used by those devices.
- Are you leaving lights on in hallways and porches or empty rooms when they are not in use? Motion sensors lights can save you money over time if bulbs are burning when they don’t need to be. And you can replace all lightbulbs with LED lights which use about 75 percent less energy!
- A programmable thermostat will help you control the cost of running your HVAC system by automatically adjusting the temperature to get maximum benefits all day long. Why waste energy on cooling an empty house when you aren’t at home? The advance technology of today allows for smart thermostats that do all the work for you, and We Care experts can help you choose the right model for your HVAC system.
- Get paid to unplug and help the environment. Ohm Connect pays you money to turn off your appliances or devices during peak hours when utility providers are overloaded and using dirty power. With Ohm Connect, there are many ways to maximize earnings and save money while reducing your carbon footprint.
Maintain Your Air Conditioner
Your AC is responsible for not only the temperatures in your home being comfortable, but it also filters out contaminants, controls the humidity, and circulates the indoor air. Now is an excellent time to make sure that you take special care of your HVAC, so it runs smoothly and efficiently to defray the high cost of running it in the summer.
Breakdowns often occur during the hot summer months. We Care can give you a Comprehensive Tune-Up to ensure your HVAC is ready to go and will run at its peak when you need it most.
And don’t forget to change your air filter monthly! A clogged filter puts a stress on your HVAC shortening its life and adding a lot to your energy bill.
Seal Air Leaks
You will save a lot by weatherizing your home by sealing and insulating and weatherstripping. According to the Department of Energy, most homes in the United States don’t have enough insulation and have significant air leaks. “ It is essential to have proper sealing and insulation to keep your high-priced air from leaking out through ceilings, walls, windows, and doors.
Upgrade your HVAC
If your HVAC is over 10 years old or is running inefficiently, it may be time to upgrade your system. The newer Energy Star rated HVAC systems are much more efficient, advanced, and will lower your energy usage considerably. Whether you replace your conventional central air or choose one of the more efficient and reliable heat pump systems, you will benefit from the lowered bills and the enhanced comfort of your home.
We Care Plumbing, Heating, & Air technicians are experts in the installation and repair of the major brands of HVAC. They are industry trained, and NATE certified and can help you choose the best system for your home’s air conditioning and heating needs. Whether for repair or replacement of your HVAC, We Care is the best company for your Heating and Air Conditioning needs in Temecula.